I believe celebrities as angel investors can add value. What do some of the top angels and VCs believe? I asked several if they would hesitate to coinvest with a celebrity.
- Rob Hayes, First Round Capital - it’s all about distribution and if _any_ investor can help with that I am all for it.
- Chris Sacca, Lowercase - I don’t have qualms, but they need to pay market. No free stock.
- David Lee, SV Angel - it’s great if they add value – particularly getting hands dirty.
- Dave McClure, 500 Startups - there are advantages & disadvantages, but on avg fame should help on cust acq.
- Shervin Pishevar, Menlo Ventures - None at all. But no investor should be in name only. We all need to add value.